“No one saves us, but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”Gautama Buddha, Philosopher
Such motivation and positivity are essential for the entire human race to get through such troubled times. We know, it has been a while the world is fighting against the monstrous COVID-19 disease. But then, it is always darkest just before dawn. With more than 935,204 cases of Coronavirus unleashing their wrath on the planet earth, we, as human beings, must act responsibly.
Youngsters like college students and high school graduates taking such pandemics on a lighter note must realize its intensity. They might use advanced tools such as plagiarism checker or grammar apps to track, identify and weed out all criticalities in their assignments. Sadly, there’s no specific anecdote they can embrace to counteract the odds of COVID-19.
The ground reality is often harsher than what it appears to be. We need to stay aware and updated about what’s going around in our community, the number of people affected by the Coronavirus infection, and keep pace with the latest medicinal infrastructures.
We can all be the superheroes this world is in need of, right at this moment. Simply abide by these ten safety measures to fight against the pandemic, and keep yourself and others safe.
Stay back at homeThis is, by far, the best strategy one can implement to confront such stringencies. Avoiding all sorts of non-essential travel is considered as one of the most effective precautionary measures one can take against this virus outbreak. Remember those days you used to complain about the monotony at the workplace, schools, and colleges? Remember how you used to crave for a long, relaxed and idle time to laze around with your family members? Here’s your opportunity.
Go grab it, and save the world at the same time. While at home, you may try out involving in several productive activities such as:
– Helping your parents with their household chores
– Reading good books and watching movies
– Getting in touch with your close ones over video calls
– Create art in the form of painting, scribbling, doodling and the likes
– Learn how to prepare new cuisines
– Eat, pray, read motivational quotes, repeat
Wash your hands oftenThere’s no substitute for a healthy and hygienic lifestyle when it comes to tackling diseases spread by germs and viruses. Thus, the idea is to wash your hands often and keep practicing cleanliness at home. This is no rocket science. All you need is self-awareness and knowledge on how to keep your hands clean in an effective way.
Here are the essential pointers that will come into play in this context.
– Wash your hands in lukewarm water.
– Refrain from using normal dish wash soaps for your hands
– Use medicated hand sanitizers before and after each meal
– Scrub your hands with a good exfoliating agent
– Protect your hands from grease and dirt or all sorts of harmful chemicals
– Always wash your hands after using the toilet and changing diapers for your kids
– Do not forget to sanitize your hands after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose
– Rub the sanitizer gel all over your hands and fingers until the time it dries up
Embrace the culture of social distancingYes, for the time being. Relax, no one is asking you to distance yourself from the society amidst confined walls. The practice of social distancing refers to the culture of avoiding close physical contacts to battle out the virus outbreak.
Know what can be done to embrace this habit effectively.
– Keep at least six feet (two arms’ length) away from others if you at all choose to go out in public.
– Stay connected with your loved ones through video and phone calls. Avoid going out unless it’s an absolute necessity. Say “No” to any form of social gathering.
– Try and avoid close contact with people who are already sick or struggling with symptoms related to the COVID-19 disease.
– Urge your immediate supervisors to grant work from home without any further delay.
Disinfect all household essentialsThis is absolutely important. Mere social distancing and staying back at home will not help if you end up paying no heed to your household surfaces.
So, take note of the following points and implement them to keep all household objects clean.
– If you have pets, then groom them in a clean area outside bedrooms or dining spaces
– Change bed sheets often and wash them in warm water mixed with medicated detergents
– Say no to carpeting for a while. You can resume this task once the pandemic is over
– Use EPA-registered disinfectants to kill germs on household surfaces
– Consider using transparent and easy-to-wipe covers for electronic devices
– Prioritize routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, desks, sinks, and mobile phones.
– Use alcohol-based wipes to take care of devices with touch screens.
Prioritize food safety under every circumstanceThe food industry cannot afford to cease operations even during such critical outbreaks. However, there shouldn’t be any discrepancy in ensuring food safety across all countries.
Here are the suggestions you will find useful.
– If any worker in a food processing facility is tested positive for COVID-19, then immediate initiatives should be taken to test the entire working environment.
– Workers in food retail and processing must wear gloves throughout the year and of course, during a pandemic.
– They should avoid touching their nose, mouth, and eyes while processing food.
Do not delay in seeking medical assistanceIf you experience fever, cough or difficulty in breathing, then do not delay in seeking the required medical assistance. Here’s what you can do if you trace any COVID -19 symptom in your body.
– Do not panic on coughing or sneezing; get immediate medical assistance, initially from your family physician
– If the symptoms turn out to be critical, opt for instant isolation, supervised by experienced medical practitioners in this field
– Refrain from consuming antibiotics right away if you develop COVID -19 symptoms. 2019-nCOV is a virus. No antibiotics should be used as an anecdote to prevent this infection
Say “yes” to masks, “no” to ignoranceYou might have kept aside the importance of wearing a face mask during such conditions. But, do you really want to let your ignorance take a heavy toll on your wellbeing?
Here are a few statistics that may act as an eye-opener for you.
– The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention was previously of the opinion that wearing a mask isn’t necessary if you are not taking care of an infected person. But now, CDC is reviewing its policy after Coronavirus cases appear to expand in huge numbers.
– It has been recommended to encourage broader use of masks, irrespective of whether the person is a COVID -19 disease carrier or not.
– Consider buying N-95 respirators and surgical masks from reputable and verified medical stores and other healthcare facilities.
Do not spread rumorsRumors lead to panic, and panic attacks lead to other complications you will not like to confront at this moment. Apart from abiding by the precautionary measures discussed above, make an effort to get your facts checked before buying others’ opinions.
Here’s what you need to know.
– It’s great that you can hold your breath for 10 seconds without coughing. But, it certainly does not mean that you are free from the COVID -19 disease.
– Consuming alcohol does not save you from the infection. Rather, it can get even dangerous.
– COVID-19 can be transmitted in all areas, irrespective of the ones with hot and humid climates.
– Those infected with the virus must receive proper treatment, instead of mere isolation.
Source: (World Health Organisation)
Read the latest research journals on COVID-19We should keep doing our bit and explore every facet to fight out this virus, once and for all. So, reading the latest research journals on Coronavirus can help us develop awareness, much needed to stay safe.
Here are a few recommendations you can refer to.
– Global Research on Coronavirus Disease
– COVID -19 – Navigating the Unchartered
– COVID -19 – Towards Controlling of a Pandemic
– Coronavirus (COVID – 19) Research by Sage Journals
– Risk Assessment of Novel Coronavirus
Take a step forward to educate othersAccording to a report, as many as 6 in 10 people infected with Coronavirus may remain oblivious of the fact that they are affected. This is your opportunity to make a difference and save this world with whatever you can. Do not waste it. If you feel you have gathered sufficient knowledge on the COVID-19 awareness, then help it reach out to others who are still trying to figure things out.
Here’s what you can do.
– Hold live video sessions on Facebook and Instagram to spread awareness.
– Talk about the journals mentioned above and explain how reading through them will help people stay updated with the latest facts.
– Connect with your relatives and friends through virtual communication and request them to do their bit by educating their clan.
It may be arduous, but not impossible. Even though the pandemic has led to a worldwide lockdown and mental stress, it shouldn’t stop us from having our spirits lifted. This world had seen many wars before and managed to survive them all. Likewise, we shall overcome this biological war with the virus and get back to normalcy, soon.
Meanwhile, if the evil COVID-19 tends to scare you away, confront your fear, be like Tony Stark (Ironman) from Avengers: End Game. Remember what he said to the alien invaders? “The Earth is close today!”
That’s how you do it.